Blog | Web 3
Web2 Vs Web3: All You Need to Know
Get all the details & differences between the existing Web2 & futuristic Web3. Know all the key differences & architecture of the Web3
Blockchain technology is growing in most fields. The impact of the internet has proved to be an advent technological revolution that rules the world extensively. We are privileged to be born in this generation which has allowed us to experience the advantages of the internet. Now the world is ready to experience Web3 the next level of the internet a purely decentralized internet.
Recently, we have noticed various upgradation of the Web till now.
- Initially, Web1 which termed as internet, and most people are aware of it and even support it.
- Next Web2, and user-generated content that caught up to early social media signs.
- And now, Web3 also known as Web3.0 is a topic of conversation.
You may have regularly heard the terms "Web2" and "Web3" in the context of blockchain technology.
Do you understand what web2 and web3 are? Do you know what makes these, their architecture, differences, and which one gets more attention?
This blog will explain to you the questions mentioned above. Read this blog to know more about it.
Let's get started...
Key Differences Between Web2 and Web3
|Technologies used in Web2.0 are HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, and JS.||Technologies used in Web3 are ML, AI, and decentralized protocols.|
|It places more emphasis on contact and community building.||More concentrated on decentralization, boosting the individual users, and semantic learning.|
|Any tweet or account that may be censored by Twitter.||Web3 tweets would be un-censorable because control is decentralized.|
|Server outages for gig economy apps can reduce worker pay.||Web3 servers will continue to operate because its backend is ethereum, a decentralized network with 1000s of computers.|
|Every Payment platform or App in Web 2 requires personal data & information for transactions.||Web3 payment apps do not request personal information and cannot even stop payments.|
|Web apps in the current generation.||Artificial intelligence (AI), and Machine learning based smart apps.|
|The network owns the data.||Entities own data and have the right to use and share it.|
|Improved engagement and the introduction of web apps||Sophisticated web-based applications, knowledge representation, and improved web technology.|
The architecture of Web2 and Web3 Applications
Here, we will discuss Web2 and Web3 architectures. You will be aware of the architecture that the web application has developed throughout time. Both of these generations are structured effectively to handle the challenges posed by Web 1.0.
There exists a protocol, standards, and technologies that make the development of such apps easy. These architectures define the browser as more efficient. Previously during the Web1.0 apps usage, the pages are viewed using Netscape navigator and internet explorer. But nowadays, we don't identify those, the browsers are clear about adapting to the standards generated at that time.
Now we will see the architecture of both Web2 and Web3,
There were around 100 million web pages and one billion users up until this point. As the ability to write and save information increased, we also realized that the web grew more dynamic. Consequently, we were able to publish content on the internet. A webpage was created for each tweet.
Therefore, we saw a lot more with the second generation of web app architecture.
- Video sharing sites: YouTube
- Hosted services: Google Maps
- Web apps: Google Docs
- Social networking: Facebook
- Blogs: WordPress
- Podcast: Podcast Alley
- Microblogging: Twitter
architecture will be indexed a billion online pages on the world wide web. Additionally, we can catch up with improved interaction. When we save anything on FB, it produces material for the WWW on the internet.
In Web3, data and developed intelligence are closely related. Additionally, it enables robots to comprehend data more. These devices are capable of intelligent data processing, and machine learning is being developed for web apps.
We may start suggesting what content one would need to purchase. As we can see almost 2.5 billion individuals are currently on the internet. Through a web app, a huge population may be caught up.
- Decentralized exchange trading market: Augur
- Decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges: Uniswap
- Decentralized protocol: Bitcoin
- Decentralized, non-profit networks: Diaspora
- Buy and sell NFTs: OpenSea
- Decentralized social network: Sapien
- Blockchain-based supply chain, authenticity platform: Everledger
Features of Web2 and Web3
- Web-based programs are accessible from anywhere.
- Simple software applications resolve specific issues.
- Data can be easily shared, but the value is found in the content, not the tools used to present it.
- Employees and clients can independently access and utilize tools.
- Social tools motivate users to produce, collaborate, edit, classify, share, and promote content.
- Network effects are encouraged, meaning that the more contributors, the better the content will become.
- Web3 will be able to exist everywhere, at any time. Web3 will advance this by making internet access possible always and everywhere.
- Since semantics is the study of content, the semantic web enables extensive analysis of web-based data.
- Machines will be able to extract meaning and emotions from data thanks to semantic web technologies.
- Users will consequently enjoy a better experience thanks to improved data connectivity.
- AI will make it simple for Web3 computers to understand the intent and sentiment of data. It will revolutionize the visual industry and clearly define the 3D virtual world, obfuscating the distinction between the real world and the digital one.
Finding the better choice among Web2 and Web3 phase
Web 2.0 applications like blogging, social media, bookmarking, and podcasting are fully interaction based. We communicate with one another through comments and texts, and it is simple to attach stuff and share it with others. Some apps like YouTube, Facebook, Google, and Instagram became well-known during the Web 2.0 era. The "Social web" refers to the current web era.
Now let's move on to Web3
Web3 is a semantic web that stated that rather than searching for content based on numbers or keywords, we can utilize AI to know the semantics of content on the web. It could support machines to know and interpret like humans but not like machines.
Users should be able to find, combine, and exchange information owing to the Semantic web. However, the term Web3 has recently become far more popular than the semantic web. The dApps developers use Web3 to explain how to build apps with an open, and decentralized architecture.
We are conscious that AI, blockchains, cryptocurrency, 3D graphics, VR, and AR are cutting-edge technologies and our future. The user experience on the web will be far more immersive due to Web3. The Web is currently in an executable stage where computers will analyze data similarly to how people work to produce personalized content for users.
Although deploying Web3 could seem difficult, the evidence indicates that it is superior to Web 2.0.
Thus, Web 2 is a well-known version of the internet. It is dominated by businesses that provide services in return for personal data. Whereas, Web3 refers to decentralized software that utilizes the blockchain. These apps make it possible for everyone to engage without having their data sold.
We believe that after reading this blog, you have some idea about both. We Bitdeal, an industry-leading Web3 Development Company, offer all-in-one Web3 solutions worldwide. You can contact us for further queries, we are ready to assist you.
We are glad to announce that, Bitdeal is making one more milestone in its journey. As Web3 technologies becomes more dominant and lucrative, bitdeal sets its footmark in AI and Gaming Space. Explore our all-new AI and Gaming Solutions below here.
Solana Token Development Deep Dive: Exploring...
Unlock the potential of blockchain innovation with our guide on Solana Token Development. Delve into...
Unlocking ChatGPT's Potential: A Comprehensiv...
Harness the power of ChatGPT with Bitdeal's expert developers. We'll help you create custom ChatGPT ...
are you looking for ?
*Fill up your details and get an instant quote now!
Subscribe Our Newsletter